So, I don’t know about you, but I actually tried to make something of Halloween this year.
When I was a kid I did the whole Trick or Treat-ing thing, but in the years since, I’ve kind of treated Halloween as just another lonely and awkward day on the calendar.
Deep down I really wanted to make an effort to have a Halloween this year, but I have a problem that one could describe as “lacking balls,” so I decided to tag along with my good friend Mencius (who had to twist my arm just to make me leave the house) on an aimless trek through the night.
That being said, here’s a bullet-ed breakdown of my Halloween, from start to finish:
- Woke up.
- Ate pig sandwich.
- Browsed web while watching Batman Returns.
- Went to Unemployment Office for mandatory meeting.
- Got bored during meeting, drew Gamera on my pamphlet.
- Went home, resumed watching Batman Returns.
- Got call from Mencius around the time Batman Wilhelms that one dude and blows up the strong man.
- Got to the part when Penguin is controlling the Batmobile, got call from friend, hopped on bus to card shop.
- Played 2 rounds of Magic, went 1-1 against a vastly superior deck.
- Missed bus back home, had to run 2.5 miles home in time to rendezvous with Mencius.
- Headed down to Capitol Hill with Mencius, he dressed as “Alternative Medicine,” and me wearing a non-costume in the form of my official Azn Badger t-shirt.
- Saw a Blondie from The Man with No Name movies that had Ennio Morricone music perpetually playing from his phone. Brownie points for innovation.
- Saw a decent Quail Man.
- Encountered hobo asking for money to cure an itch he had in his crotch. Brownie points for innovation and grossness.
- Saw a Weird Al Yankovic from his “Fat” music video. Handcrafted with an embarrassing degree of love.
- Saw a Ruby Rhod AKA Chris Tucker from The Fifth Element. Very unique and detailed.
- Ate sushi and drank tea.
- Encountered Conservative Jewish Batman.
- Conservative Jewish Batman expressed sexual frustration regarding female Seattlites, as well as Liberals in general.
- Many topics were discussed, ranging from comics, to videogames, to politics and economics, though for Conservative Jewish Batman, everything always came back to Reddit AKA “That One Place On The Internet I Never Go.”
- Sighted an Asian man in the bar that was “living the dream.”
- Decided to call it a night, had long and fruitful conversation with Mencius regarding frustration over white people utilizing random Japanese words in English conversation.
- It was decided that “Toki Doki” was the most annoying of said Japanese-isms.